Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday, September 7th

Just wanted to check in. I did go to the meeting last night. I was nervous that others might be able to see the scale but that wasn't the case. Gone are the days where they weigh you on a doctor's scale with the sliding thing. Now it's a scale but the readout goes to a little screen that only the person weighing you in can see. That's a good thing! LOL!

After weigh in they started the meeting. First they acknowledged any losses for the week or goals met (for each pound loss you get a paper clip, at 5 pounds you get a bookmark, and then I think there are ones for your 10% goal and some others as well). Then the lady talked about dreams and the steps to achieving your dreams.

I was surprised that it really only lasted about 30 minutes. Quick and painless. ;-) Not sure it's worth the $$ each week - but trying weight loss via a group is something I haven't tried yet so I guess it's worth a shot. I really would prefer not to do weight loss surgery but I'm beginning to see that as my only option. So trying out all other avenues first (with group weight loss being something new to try).

After the meeting she met with the new people (3 of us) and went over the two plans, how we figured how many points you were allowed each day, etc.

So, today I officially started counting my points. My dh and I went grocery shopping. $120 later we left the store. Why does it cost so much more to eat healthy?

So far today I've had:

Breakfast:
Mt. Dew (8oz...my coffee equivalent) 2 pts
1 1/2 c cereal with 4 oz 2% milk 5 pts

Lunch:
Sandwich w/
turkey breast,
1/2 serving of roast beef,
1 TBS light mayo,
and 1/4 c. 2% milk total 8 pts
Pears 1pt


I generally have tried in the past to keep my meals around 8 points. That leaves me with a few extra for snacks and/or a small dessert. Since they've revamped their program I'll actually get more points so I'll probably look at using closer to 10 points per meal in the beginning. As you lose weight your points are adjusted and you'll get less points so you continue to lose weight.

Anyways, just wanted to check in. Have a great weekend!

Jane

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Good for you!
I'll be booking you blog so I can check in once in a while and see how you are doing on your journey.
I've been watching what I eat since June and have lost 16 pounds so far. Feels great!
Oh and don't let others comments get you down....you are better than them.

Reality Show Reject said...

Jane,
I found your blog through a comment you left on someone else's blog. I just wanted to wish you good luck with your weight watcher's journey. I'm with you regarding WLS. It was my only option but I'm SOOO glad I had it. It's definitely not for everyone, but in my opinion, it was the only thing that would work for me. You can visit my blog if you'd like to know more about my journey. It's mostly stamping stuff, but it does have some WLS stuff in it! Congrats on the loss so far and good luck!