Monday, September 3, 2007

Monday September 3rd

I'm not officially starting WW until Thursday night. That will be my first meeting. I'm hoping not everyone will be able to see the scale when you weigh in. When I was in college you all stood in a line and everyone could kind of see what you weighed. I've been told the newer ones you stand on the scale and the readout is shown back where only the worker can see it. Guess we'll find out on Thursday night.

I've also learned that the "points" have changed. With Weight Watchers you are allowed so many "points" per day. Points are determined by the amount of calories, fat grams, and fiber that an item has. The total number of allowed points for each day is determined by your current weight, your age and your activity level in general. (For example...do you work at a desk job or are you a construction worker!) You MUST eat the amount of points that you are allowed...otherwise your body thinks it's starving and holds onto weight. You are also alloted so many "flex points" for the week. These can be used a little here and there...or saved for a special occasion during the week. I believe that these flex points should also be used - but I've never followed the flex program so I'm not certain. They also offer a "core program" where you don't have to count points as long as you only eat the foods on their list...but I think most the foods on the list are yucky so I'll be doing the flex plan. I like that you can eat anything you want as long as it's eaten within reason.

I'm using this week to try and read up on motivation and articles about emotional eating. I believe that 90% of weight loss is in your mind...so I'm trying to prepare my mind!

Have a great week! I may check back in sooner...but if not I'll check in on Friday after I've attended my meeting. I haven't decided yet if I'm willing to post my weight on here. I may just post losses and gains (but not the actual weights).

Jane

1 comment:

Concetta said...

I know it is a difficult journey and I wish you all the best!

Your friend,
Concetta:)